Saturday, October 10, 2015

Child Citizen Protection Act (part 2 of 2)

The child citizen protection act is also amended certain rules to get certificate of citizenship. Children who are born in United States but due to some reasons are staying outside United States can get certificate of citizenship if the parent i.e. father or mother  apply for naturalization for the child who is born outside United States and who have not previously applied for a citizenship under child citizen protection act.

The Attorney general will then give the certificate of citizenship if the father or mother of the child has an American citizenship. The parent should also be present in United States of America for at least 5 years. The parent should also have a permanent residence in United States of America. The child intending to acquire the certificate of citizenship should be less than 18 years old.

The child should also be residing outside United States of America in the legal custody of the parent and has temporarily come to United States. The child should also have a lawful status in United States of America.  If all the above conditions are met successfully by the applicant then the attorney general immediately issues the certificate of citizenship.

When the application is approved the child is supposed to an oath of allegiance before a government official of United States of America. The oath of allegiance has been made mandatory by the child citizen protection act.

No comments:

Post a Comment